Why are so many companies writing blog posts with a high word count?
If you’re not already familiar with long form content marketing, it’s simply content that is longer than the average blog post or article- and a lot of companies are writing this.
It can be anything from an in-depth guide to a product or service, to a piece of evergreen content marketing.
What makes long form content so effective is its ability to provide readers with a wealth of information in one go, rather than having to read say 3 separate articles, to get the answer they want.
So, this means that they don’t have to go searching for other seo articles or resources to get the full picture – everything they need is right there in front of them.
If the work is well written, so it follows Google’s EAT, then this can also has the added benefit of making your site more authoritative and trustworthy in the eyes of Google and other search engines.
After all, if you’re providing such comprehensive and valuable information, it’s clear that you know what you’re talking about! Just don’t write blog posts, or articles, which are extra long, but not useful, make the work so good that it answers your customers questions.
So how do you go about writing long form content? Here are a few tips:
– Plan ahead. Decide on the topic you want to write about, and make sure you have enough information to cover it in depth. So think of titles you are going to use, and make sure you get statistics, and also link to work you have read.
– Structure your article. A well-structured article is easier to read and digest, so use headings and subheadings to break up your text.
– Use images, infographics and videos. These can help to break up the text and make your article more visually appealing.
– Keep it updated. Make sure your article is always up-to-date with the latest information by regularly checking for new developments in your field.
By following these seo tips, you can start writing long form content that is both informative and also engaging – and which if done right, will help to improve your site’s visibility and ranking in the search engines.
How to Write Long Form Content, here’s our (18 top tips)
1. Figure out what questions your customers ask the most, write answers to these the best you can.
2. Do your research, get statistics, link to where you found those facts.
3. Create an outline of what you want to cover in your writing, so you can best place the different titles.
4. Write a catchy headline that will grab attention, so instead of “how to write content marketing” write something like:
“How content marketing could help improve your seo and draw in more organic visitors”
5. Make sure your opening paragraph is strong and will pull readers in.
6. Use short paragraphs and sentences to keep things easy to read.
7. Use subheadings throughout your piece to break up the text.
8. Incorporate images, infographics, or videos to break up the text even further.
9. Use quotes from experts or data from studies to back up your claims.
10. Write in a conversational tone to keep things relatable.
11. Use humour when appropriate to lighten things up.
12. Take a stand on something and be clear about your position.
13. Offer solutions to problems or address common concerns.
14. Use strong calls to action at the end of your piece, such as call us, and mention the companies phone number.
15. Make sure all your facts are accurate and that your sources are reliable.
16. Edit and proofread your work before you hit publish.
17. Optimise your article for SEO to help it reach a wider audience.
18. Share your article on social media, such as on Facebook, twitter and instagram